DU Admissions 2022 Merit List 2022 Tomorrow: Delhi University will start allotment of seats from tomorrow. During the course of this phase, candidates will be allotted seats based on their CUET scores and program and college preferences (marked during phase 2).
Here are 10 things to remember about the new seat allocation system:
1. The candidate will be allotted the highest possible preference based on the program group merit list (programmes with the same programme-specific eligibility criteria form a program group); the category of the candidate and the availability of places.
2. Once the seats are allocated, the candidates must accept the allocation immediately. They shouldn’t have to wait until the next round. A candidate’s participation in the next round can only be ensured if he accepts the allocation granted in the first round. In case of inactivity on the part of the candidate, he will be out of the system and his seat will be allocated to another person.
3. After the candidate accepts the allotment, if a college seeks clarity/information from the candidate, it can raise a query. Note that if a college raises a query, candidates must respond online through the board within the stipulated time. Failure to respond will result in the rejection of the allocated places and the candidate will be excluded from CSAS 2022.
4. The university authorities will approve/reject after verifying the candidature within the stipulated time, and once accepted, students will get a notification on their fee payment board.
5. Subsequent award rounds will be based on the availability of places due to cancellation, withdrawal or rejection, and the university may call multiple rounds. DU will also display the vacant seats on its admission website before each allotment round.
6. The “refresh” and “freeze” option:
· Admitted candidates can choose the ‘update’ option to prove their preference different from the one originally allotted.
· If a candidate chooses to ‘upgrade’ and is upgraded in the subsequent round, their current admitted slot will be automatically cancelled.
· If the higher preference is awarded, the candidate must accept the new assigned place.
· Please note that the candidate who is allotted the first preference will not be considered for an upgrade.
· If the candidate is satisfied with the place allotted to him, he can simply opt for the ‘freeze’ option, after which he cannot be updated.
7. Tie-breaker rules: In a tie-breaker situation, a higher percentage of marks aggregated in the three best subjects in class 12; a higher percentage of aggregate marks in the four best subjects in class 12; a higher percentage of aggregate marks in the best five subjects of class 12 and the age of the candidates, shall, in that order, be considered a tie breaker.
8. For ECA quota: A candidate can apply for a maximum of three ECA categories, and for each category, he must upload a maximum of five certificates issued between April 1, 2017 and June 30 2022. Allotment will be offered based on CEM. (Combined ECA Merit), i.e. 25% concession to the highest program-specific CUET percentage score from all programs in which they have applied and 75% concession to the highest ECA score obtained from all ECA categories in which they have been considered.
9. For Sports Quota: 25% of the highest program-specific CUET percentage score of all programs applied for along with 25% of Merit Certificate/Sports Participation of higher qualification, and 50% of the highest. score obtained in the Sports Tests in which they are presented. There will be a CSM (Combined Sports Merit) list.
10. For candidates who have not applied for CSAS 2022 within the given deadline and wish to participate later, they can do so through the mid-entry window upon notification by the university. The candidate will have to pay a non-refundable fee of 1000 rupees. Such candidates will be considered for allotment only after all candidates who have applied earlier and have scores higher than the lowest declared scores have been allotted seats.
If there are vacant seats, spot rounds of admission may be announced. Applicants who have not been admitted to any college in the declaration of the round of admission by places can participate. They will have to opt for ‘One-time Admission’ through the board. It will be based on the eligibility criteria discussed above. The candidate may only select one program.